We’ve compiled a few resources to help you engage in self-care practices and develop strategies for coping. Life in general, the end of the semester, upcoming elections, and all that’s happening in the world around us tend to bring with them a wave of uncertainty about the future, which can be a source of anxiety and stress.
Ongoing Events From MSUM Counseling Services for Fall 2020| sign up by emailing counseling-services[at]mnstate.edu
• Anxiety In This New Normal – with Shanti Behrens | Tuesdays 3-4 PM via Zoom
• Crafty Coping – with Marsha Wichmann | Thursd ays 11 AM-Noon via Zoom
• Relationships and Abuse: Learning the Signs – with Emily Pekas | Tuesdays 2-3 PM in Hendrix 130
Events from MSUM Student Life
• Creative Journaling to Manage Stress & Anxiety with Artist Nichole Rae | Nov. 19 at 4pm via Zoom | Details & request a journal
• Creative Journaling to Manage Stress & Anxiety with Artist Nichole Rae | Dec. 2 at 3:30pm via Zoom | Details & request a journal
Mental health and self-care resources
• Learn to Live – Free to MSUM students. Visit the site and enter code MSUM to get started with help for stress, anxiety, and other coaching.
• MSUM Community Outreach Center – provides free, professional and confidential counseling services.
• MSUM Counseling Services – available to MSUM students.
• Emotional Wellness Pathway on DragonCentral has multiple resources
• Yoga / meditation through MSUM Wellness Center. Check DragonCentral for upcoming events including Yoga with Bonnie on Mondays at 6pm
• 211 Line – Call, text, or chat to receive help or information about services in your area
• Crisis Text Line – Text “HOME” to 741741. The Crisis Text hotline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week throughout the U.S. The Crisis Text Line serves anyone, in any type of crisis, connecting them with a crisis counselor who can provide support and information.
• Simple Self Care Podcast – a podcast with episodes to help you build self-care practices
• 7cups.com – emotional support system. FREE anonymous and confidential conversations with trained active listeners
• Radical Hope & Love article – sometimes you just need to re-frame how you talk to yourself