This is a reminder for employees who are utilizing their tuition waiver benefits for summer session 2021. The tuition waiver deadline is 10 days after the course start date. If no class dates are specified, the waiver deadline is 10 days after the start of the respective semester.
A few friendly tips and reminders:
- You can view and request your employee tuition waiver via your Employee Home Dashboard: https://eservices.minnstate.edu/employee/public/secure (login with Star ID and Password)
- Please be aware of the payment dates to avoid having classes dropped for non-payment.
- Check back in the tuition waiver system to see when the waiver is processed by Human Resources. You will NOT receive a hard copy confirmation.
- Tuition Waiver eligibility is based on the academic year (fall, spring, summer). Eligibility starts over in the fall and unused, previous academic year credits are not carried forward. You may reference the tuition waiver matrix for further information on eligibility based on your bargaining unit or plan.
- You and/or your dependent should review billing information to ensure that your tuition waiver gets processed in a timely manner.
- It is important that the number of credits requested equals the number of credits taken. In other words, if you request 12 credits and only use 9, please go back in to the tuition waiver system and make the necessary change.
- Tuition waiver benefits may be subject to taxation in certain circumstances. You may reference the “taxation of employer provided education” document via the tuition waiver application in Employee Home for further guidance. Human Resources will provide a letter explaining any tax liability by May 26, 2021 for applicable employees.
Please Human Resources know if you have any questions or concerns.