If you’re looking for learning resources, start here.
The murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis in May 2020 by a Minneapolis police officer has moved many Dragons to seek ways to take action. We’ve started compiling resources and we’ll keep adding to this as we’re able. If you have suggestions for other resources to add, send us a message osa [at] mnstate.edu with the subject “Taking Action Resource Blog”
- Show Up
- Guide for Protesting Safely from Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- How to Safely and Ethically Film Police Misconduct via Palika Makam, WITNESS for Teen Vogue
Commit to Action
- Join the Movement for Black Lives Week of Action: Visit their site
- Accountability and Action for Black Lives
- Justice in June Challenge
- List of Bail Funds for Protestors from the National Bail Fund Network
- Stream to Donate: how to help with no money or leaving your house (note:make sure ad blocker is off or use Youtube app, watch ads to full length for max impact)
- DONATE WITH NO MONEY! (make sure ad blocker is off or use Youtube app, watch ads to full length for max impact)
Making Your Voice Heard
- Growing list of Petitions to Sign from Black Lives Matter
- Black Lives Matter also put together great Text or Call instructions.
- NAACP We Are Done Dying campaign
Thanks to the many folks and organizations who’ve helped put together resources. We borrowed many of these from It’s On Us.