As a reminder, on Friday, March 15, MSUM will move our Campus Email System to an updated platform.
Information Technology will begin the migration process at 6 p.m. Friday, March 15. Between 6 p.m. March 15 and 7 p.m. March 17, your email will be unavailable, so please plan accordingly. If you have questions, please visit our project website at www.mnstate.edu/it/transition.aspx
Here’s what you need to know as we get closer to Migration Weekend, March 15-17.
- When will I
- We will begin the migration process at 6 p.m. Friday, March 15. We expect the full migration to be completed by 7 p.m. Sunday, March 17.
- During this time, email access will be taken off-line and should be considered unavailable. Please plan accordingly.
- Post-downtime, you will need to reconfigure your devices. Look for those instructions as we get closer to the downtime event.
- Why are we
updating our Email System?
- You will receive a significant increase in mailbox size — 100GB of capacity! Currently, all accounts have 2GB.
- Implementation of Safe Links and Safe Attachments, which will lower your risk when receiving email that wasn’t caught by our spam filter, but may still be malicious.
- When will I receive more information?
- The next update with detailed help guides and instructions will be sent on March 11t.
As always, questions or concerns can be sent to the IT Helpdesk via email@example.com or by calling 218-477-2603.