MSUM Campus Clean-Up Day
Thursday, April 20| 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
The Facilities, Grounds & Safety Committee is excited to bring back MSUM campus clean-up day. We are planning for April 20, 2017, in conjunction with the student Earth Day celebration (Earth Day is April 22).
The MSUM campus has many large events taking place April 21-25, and we want the campus to be in show case condition for our visitors. These events include but are not limited to:
- Admitted Student Day, 4-21-2017
- Admissions Preview Day, 4-22-2017
- Dragon Athletics 12th Annual Red and White Celebration, 4-22-2017
- Higher Learning Commission (HLC) Accreditation Visit, 4-24 & 25-2017
Students, faculty & staff: if you are interested in participating in the campus clean-up event, please check in at the table by the Library area near the Earth Day activities. (Employees please consult with your supervisor for their approval.) We are asking that everyone participating sign in for accountability and liability purposes. We will furnish rakes, garbage bags and have a limited number of gloves available for volunteers. We have divided the campus into 5 broad areas and following are the areas/tasks needing your assistance:
- Residence Hall areas: Pick up trash, clean bushes, rake leaves and pick up any other debris.
- Nemzek Hall and surrounding fields and fences: Pick up trash from all areas, clean out debris from fences and bleachers.
- Mall Area: Pick up trash, rake leaves, clean landscaping and bushes.
- Academic Buildings and surrounding areas: Clean all bushes along 11th and 14th streets and Bridges Hall, area around Grier and Owens courtyard as well as loading docks and landscaping.
- Parking Lots: Pick up trash and clean landscaping areas in all parking lots on campus.