Business Services maintains inventory records for the University’s fixed assets. Fixed assets include:
1) Individual items – value of $10,000 or greater and a useful life of over 2 years (must use object code 4000).
2) Individual items purchased with Federal funds – value of $5,000 or greater.
3) Sensitive items – assets MSUM has declared as:
• Subject to pilferage or misuse and valued at $300 or more, such as electronic equipment (digital cameras, camcorders, projectors, etc.), pieces of art, etc.
• Computers and related devices (desktops, laptops, tablets, iPads, notebooks, etc.)
• Are potentially harmful or hazardous such as weapons (firearms, swords, crossbows, etc.)
Land, buildings, works of art, historical treasures, and library collections.
Asset number stickers are required for fixed assets. To request an asset number sticker, please send a copy of the invoice or purchase order indicating which items need asset stickers to Business Services. Include the name/department of the person requesting the sticker.
Disposal or selling of fixed assets must be recorded. When disposing or selling fixed assets, please remove the asset number sticker and send to Business Services along with the reason for disposal.
Computers or related devices must be purchased through the IT department.
For further information, please refer to http://www.mnstate.edu/business-services/equipment-inventory.aspx.