The Annual Dragon Pride Awards are an extraordinary showcase of our talented, committed Dragons who make MSUM the incredible place that it is. Each year, several nominations are submitted in each category, and the Student Organization Advisory Committee (SOAC) spends time reading through each nomination to determine the award winners. Let’s just say, it’s no easy task with the number of amazing students, organizations, and programs!
During the Annual Dragon Pride Awards Ceremony, the nominees are honored and winners announced. If you’ve never attended, we recommend putting it on your calendar for next year because it will make your heart swell with Dragon Pride! Without further ado, we present a list of this year’s winners:
- Rookie of the Year: Austin Sweeny, Kappa Sigma.
- Student Leader of the Year: Alayna Holkesvig, KMSC Dragon Radio.
- Organization Advisor of the Year:Shane Kelly, advisor for Kappa Sigma.
- Organization Officer of the Year: Brady Kauk, Kappa Sigma.
- Student Volunteer of the Year:Jake Humphrey who volunteered regularly with AfterDark.
- Dragon Pride Student of the Year: Andy Smith, Gamma Phi Beta.
- Outstanding Philanthropy Program of the Year: Dragon Entertainment Group’s event “Walk A Mile In Her Shoes.”
- Outstanding Collaborative Program of the Year: AfterDark’s ” Science Night” in collaboration with several student organizations.
- Outstanding Educational Program of the Year: “Microsoft Tour” coordinated by the Economic Society.
- Outstanding Diversity/Cultural Awareness Program of the Year: America Indian Student Association event “Native American Heritage Month.”
- The Outstanding New Organization of the Year: Kawa Tatsu Yosakoi Dance (KTYD).
- Dragon Pride Organization of the Year: MSUM Rock Climbing Club.
- Organization of the Year: Society of Physics Students.
Congratulations to all our winners and all those nominated!