Faculty Development Center Events
Events this week at the Faculty Development Center:
• Monday: Two-thirty Tea, planning for a student gathering when Sherman Alexie visits, 2:30 p.m.
• Tuesday: Two-thirty Tea, Day 2 of classes, time to eat chocolate, 2:30 p.m.
• Wednesday: Two-thirty Tea, Lead Advisor program, 2:30 pm
• Thursday: Two-thirty Tea, Suggest topics for future teas, 2:30 p.m.
• Friday: D2L 10.1 Overview (by Instructional Technology staff), bring your own device, 1- 2 p.m.
• Friday: New Faculty Orientation, Who are our students?, 2-3 p.m.
• Friday: Two-thirty Tea, Meet the new faculty!, 2:30 p.m.
A “speaker bank” list of people who are willing to be guest speakers in other classes is being formed. Come by the FDC to view the names and topics, or add a request for a topic or a topic of your own.
Have a wonderful first day of classes. Here are “five things to do on the first day of class” whether you are teaching for the first time today, or are an experienced educator.
Please visit our new website, and also stop by the FDC for an event, to chat with colleagues, or find a quiet place to work.