MSU Moorhead will benefit from the community’s online donations through GiveMN.org
The MSU Moorhead Alumni Foundation is one of many nonprofit organizations throughout the state that will once again ask Minnesotans to display their record-breaking generosity by donating to their favorite charities online at www.GiveMN.org during the third annual “Give to the Max Day” on November 16.
Donations to Minnesota State University Moorhead Alumni Foundation impact current and future MSUM students. Money donated to the Alumni Foundation will directly benefit its mission of developing relationships and provide funding to advance academic excellence.
“We set single-day records for philanthropic giving in both 2009 and 2010 and want to keep that streak going in 2011,” said Dana Nelson, executive director of GiveMN.org, which debuted in fall 2009 as the first-of-its-kind giving website and sponsors Give to the Max Day. “This is a day for us to come together as Minnesotans and show our support for the nonprofit organizations that work tirelessly to improve our communities.”
During last year’s Give to the Max Day, more than 42,000 donors logged on to GiveMN.org. The result: more than $10 million raised for more than 3,400 Minnesota nonprofits, whose missions range from feeding the hungry, to protecting the environment, to promoting the arts. GiveMN.org hopes to again raise millions for thousands of nonprofits, showcasing Minnesota’s unparalleled generosity to the world.
2011 Give to the Max Day Incentives
In 2011, GiveMN will offer several incentives to encourage nonprofit and donor participation in Give to the Max Day, including:
- Three Leaderboards – $15,000, $10,000 and $5,000 prize grants will be awarded to the top three nonprofit organizations (colleges and universities excluded) which receive the most dollars in 24 hours during Give to the Max Day.
- $15,000, $10,000 and $5,000 prize grants will be awarded to the top three small nonprofit organizations – with budgets under $750,000 – which receive the most dollars on Give to the Max Day. (IMPORTANT! Nonprofits must register online to compete in this category. To register, visit: http://blog.givemn.org/give_mn_blog/small_npo_registration/)
- $15,000 and $5,000 prize grants will be awarded to the top two Minnesota colleges or universities which receive the most dollars on Give to the Max Day.
- Throughout the 24 hours of the event, an individual donor will be randomly chosen every hour to win a “golden ticket” and have an additional $1,000 given to the charity that received the donor’s original donation.
- Donors will have the opportunity to double their dollars for hundreds of featured nonprofits that have secured matching funds for Give to the Max Day.
- In addition to these incentives, plans are underway for an event at the Mall of America. Stay tuned!
At GiveMN, Minnesota nonprofits can showcase their work and introduce their organizations to potential donors. Customized profiles of Minnesota charities detail their individual missions, programs and events.
The site also lets donors manage their charitable giving by recording online contributions and storing receipts.
GiveMN is powered by Razoo, a critical partner in making Give to the Max Day a success. Razoo offers a secure platform, streamlined donation process and a suite of free and easy-to-use fundraising tools that inspire individuals and nonprofits to give and fundraise online.
About Minnesota State University Moorhead
MSUM students work closely with experienced faculty, on real-world projects, giving them the theory and practical skills they need to be successful and shape the workforce. This blueprint for success has been in place since the Moorhead Normal School started 125 years ago. Today, the goal is still the same, providing assistance to students so they can achieve a quality education at an affordable price.
GiveMN is a collaborative venture to transform philanthropy in Minnesota by growing overall giving and moving more of it online. GiveMN is an independent 501(c) (3) organization that is a supporting organization of the Minnesota Community Foundation. Many partners shaped GiveMN to build upon Minnesota’s strong tradition of philanthropy, including: ADC, Blandin Foundation, The Otto Bremer Foundation, the Bush Foundation, Central Minnesota Community Foundation, Ecolab Foundation, F.R. Bigelow Foundation, General Mills, Inc., Greater Twin Cities United Way, HealthPartners, Initiative Foundation, The Minneapolis Foundation, The Mosaic Company, Northland Foundation, Northwest Minnesota Foundation, The Saint Paul Foundation, Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation, Southwest Initiative Foundation, Target, UCare, West Central Initiative Foundation and Women’s Foundation of Minnesota. For more information, visit www.GiveMN.org.
Special thanks to our Give to the Max Day sponsors: The Margaret A. Cargill Foundation and Minnesota Community Foundation.