We continue to monitor the COVID-19 environment daily. Below is a summary of previously communicated mitigation efforts and planning.
MSUM has increased the frequency of COVID-19 reporting on the Dragons Carewebsite by posting updates on Mondays and Wednesdays until further notice.
Dragons Care Website updates
MSUM has updated the Dragons Care website to reflect the new changes in the CDC guidelines. The “What to Do” flowcharts charts have been removed and replaced with the CDC guidance. Please follow the new CDC guidance.
Classrooms typically have a low-risk environment for transmission of COVID-19, especially with the campus masking policy. Please continue to follow all mitigation efforts to include masking, distancing where possible, following good hygiene, etc., to allow MSUM to maintain a safe classroom experience for all students and staff.
If our campus nears the 3% threshold of active COVID-19 cases (students and staff), we may consider moving in-person classes to synchronous Zoom instruction until face-to-face instruction can be safely resumed. If we choose to move to synchronous Zoom, here are the plans and expectations for campus:
* If MSUM chooses to pivot classroom instruction, in-person classes will be synchronous Zoom until further notice.
* We will continue with the current instructional methods until MSUM determines to pivot. We will then communicate the start date to pivot instruction.
* The employee and student employee vaccination rate is high. We do not expect to pivot the campus to telework.
* Individuals may discuss short-term telework with their supervisor based on personal circumstances and the need to maintain services on campus.
* There are no capacity restrictions or distancing requirements at MSUM. However, we strongly encourage everyone to follow mitigation efforts for events, including masking, distancing wherever possible, using hand sanitizer, offering virtual options if available, etc. When planning or preparing for an event, keep in mind the location, size of venue, and ability to follow the mitigation efforts.
* Club Sports and Intramural activities have been paused to allow extra efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19 in higher risk settings and will resume when it is safe to do so.
* Residence halls and campus dining options will remain open and operate “as-is”, even if we temporarily move to synchronous Zoom instruction.
Keep Yourself Safe
We continue to encourage everyone to get vaccinated/boosted, stay home if you are not feeling well, wear a good-fitting high-quality mask and follow Dragons Care practices. These measures can help you prevent transmission of COVID-19 and other infectious diseases such as Influenza A.
Thank you for your efforts in following our mitigation practices to keep our campus safe.