The Office of Student Activities is putting together an afternoon of sessions dedicated to helping MSUM students continue to level up as student leaders as well as helping those who will be new to leadership roles build a strong foundation.
The event will be on April 11th from 1-5pm in the CMU.
During the “Dragon Leadership Summit”, we’ll have one or two keynote speaker and several short break-out sessions. We want to make sure that we include relevant topics so that we build an afternoon that is worth their time. This event is focused on helping students develop personal leadership, set goals, build character, and maximize personal success
We’ll start the event as a large group for the opening keynote with Kristi Huber of the United Way. Next, we’ll head into a short snack break followed by four breakout sessions – during each breakout, you’ll have three options for what to attend. We’ll end the day with short closing remarks and send you on your way. The event will be hybrid, so you can choose to attend in-person or online. Most presenters will be in-person with a few presenting remotely.
During this half-day leadership experience, the topics and presentations will mainly focus on four of the five student life pathways:
- Contribution and Influence
- Personal Wellness
- Professional Success
- Equity and Inclusion
You’ll be able to attend in the CMU Ballroom with masking required and socially distanced seating. Or you can attend online via Zoom.
1:00 PM Welcome
1:05 PM Keynote Speech by Kristi Huber, CEO of United Way Cass-Clay
1:50 – 2:10 PM Break Activity
2:15 -2:40 PM First Leadership Session
- Conscious Job Seeking by Samantha Gust
- Ally 101: An Intro to LGBT+ by Rianna Amberg and Ashley Walker
- We are all Leaders, even if we don’t have the title by Denise Gorsline
2:45 – 3:10 PM Second Leadership Session
- The Role of Mentoring in your Leadership Success by Jane Pettinger
- You can’t Pour from an Empty Cup by Sam Rios
- Language Matters: Racial Microaggressions and Their Impact by Puja Sharma
3:15 – 3:40 PM Third Leadership Session
- The Power of Gratitude by Robert Jones
- The Six Types of Self-Care by Emily Pekas and Marsha Wichmann
- Finding your cause (for good) by Jess Mueller
3:45 – 4:10 PM Fourth Leadership Session
- Leading With Empathy: Remembering We Are All People First by Romi Dehler
- Non-boring Ways to Connect People (and it’s not ice-breakers!) by Annie Wood
- Listening Session with group discussion afterwards
4:15 PM Closing Remarks