Mental health is a real issue that many people deal with on a daily basis. Social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic can intensify stresses that lead to mental illness. Use these tips to cope with stress during COVID-19:
- Pause – Breathe, notice how you feel
- Take Breaks – Take time away from COVID-19 content
- Make Time – Ensure you are sleeping well and try to exercise
- Reach Out – Stay connected with co-workers, friends and family
- Seek Help – If you feel overwhelmed or unsafe seek assistance
As part of the State of Wellbeing program, State of Minnesota employees have access to free work and life resources to help employees and their family members meet life’s challenges, great or small. LifeMatters, the State of Wellbeing’s Employee Assistance Program, offers access to expert, personal consultations on a wide range of concerns, from financial and legal matters to relationship challenges and family concerns. The EAP program’s user-friendly, confidential services are available to you and your eligible dependents at no cost 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can call LifeMatters at 1-800-657-3719 or you can also visit www.mylifematters.com and enter the password STMN1 to access resources, educational information, and self-service options.