Last year, we took first place as the most charitable Minnesota State university! Let’s do it again, Dragons!
Through the month of October, join MSUM in a competition with the other Minnesota State Universities to be the most charitable institution. We are competing for the highest percentage of employee participation—even $10 helps! Employees can donate to a charity of their choice through payroll deduction. Set it up once, and your generosity keeps giving all year long.
This process makes your donation stretch further to help Minnesotans in need. The campaign includes Charitable Federations, groups of charitable organizations that represent charities working on similar issues. This collaboration keeps administrative and fundraising expenses low, making your contribution dollars go as far as possible.
Donate to the cause that matters most to you––environment, education, women’s issues, breaking the cycle of poverty, and much more.
To see your dollars impact our Fargo-Moorhead community, here are some great options for local charities to donate to:
- United Way of Cass Clay
- Open Your Heart to the Hungry and Homeless
- PeaceMaker Minnesota
- Community Health Charities… and many more
To donate, please follow the instructions below:
Visit Self-Service Website. MN Self Service Site
- Click on “Other Payroll.”
- Click on Charitable Deductions.
- Click on Charitable Deductions again (If you pledged last year, you’ll see a summary of those results).
- Click on Add Deduction.
- Click the magnifying glass in the Type of Deduction field to select your charity.
- Enter the amount you’d like deducted each pay period.
- Accept the default deduction start and stop dates.
- Click on save and your deduction will be confirmed.
- Click on OK
Check donations may be dropped off in the Human Resources Office, however, we highly encourage online donations to help count towards our participation goal!