Moorhead Magazine is looking for food and drink ideas
The marketing team is working on the next issue of Moorhead Magazine featuring alumni of all majors working in various aspects of the food and beverage industry. Consider a designer of a beverage label, a scientist with the Department of Agriculture or a journalist with Wine Spectator. We’re open to any and all ideas!
Did you know?
- Minnesota is a national leader in livestock products, ranking: (1st in turkeys, 3rd in hogs and pigs, 6th in red meat production, 6th in milk cows, and 7th for milk production.
- Minnesota ranks 1st in sugar beets and oats production and is the No. 1 processor of sweet corn.
- Several Fortune 500 companies in Minnesota have operations in food or beverage production: CHS (farmer-owned cooperative), Ecolab (provides &protects clean water, safe food), General Mills, Hormel Foods, Land O’Lakes, Mosaic (world’s largest supplier of phosphate and potash crop nutrients), Supervalu.
- Global giant Cargill, headquartered in Minnesota, is the #1 privately held company in America.
- North Dakota ranks 1st in the production of flaxseed, canola, durum wheat, all dry edible beans, all dry edible peas, spring wheat, honey, lentils, sunflowers, barley and oats.
Do you know alumni working in those areas or at these, or similar, companies?
Below are more ideas to spur your imagination. Please share any and all ideas you think might broadly fit into this theme by emailing email@example.com.
- Scientists working in any capacity related to food and beverage (American Crystal Sugar, Budweiser, etc.)
- Brewmasters/winemakers/cheese makers/candy makers/cider makers
- Science of sugar(beets)
- Milk (subsidies)
- Food cooperatives (locally sourced, farmer markets)
- Pride of Dakota connections
- Honey farmers
- Fishing in the land of 10,000 lakes
- Restauranteurs/Food trucks
- Marijuana farms/dispensaries (medicinal purposes)
- Unique foods at Minnesota State Fair
- Hobby farmers
- Livestock producers/ag producers
- In-town raising of chickens (other?)
- The science of food (class/book?)
- Food Channel or similar websites and TV shows
- Food designer/photographer
- Journalist/editor of a food/beverage magazine