15 Events to Be Excited for in Spring 2015
We know 2015 is going to be a fantastic year at MSUM and we’ve picked out 15 events you won’t want to miss!
- The Drag Show hosted by Dragons AfterDark and MSUM Spectrum on January 16 from 9pm-1am in the CMU Ballroom. Professional and student performers will take the stage.
- 32 Below Concert hosted by The Dragon Entertainment Group on January 27 at 7:30pm. A night full of country music fun!
Black History Month hosted by the Black Student Union and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion. Each week will have a different event – week one will be a Fried Chicken Cook Off. During week two, a speaker will present. The Black Hero Monologues will be held during the third week. Finally, the fourth week will be home to the Soul Food Dinner.
- The week of February 9-14 is a favorite of many: DragonFrost Week! See the full week of events and make plans to attend!
- Take in a show at the theater to see “Romi/EO and Juliet” from February 25-28. This is a provocative adaptation of Shakespeare’s text that you won’t want to miss!
- The Career Development Center is hosting Networking Week during March 2-6 and will provide opportunities for students from all colleges and majors.
- As part of the celebration of Women’s History Month, the Women and Gender Studies Program will host Dr. Eddah Mutua to speak on Rwandan Women and Global Feminism. The lecture will take place on March 9 at 6pm.
- On March 11, International Student Services will host the International Cafe, a fun way to learn more about other cultures around the world and the home countries of some MSUM International Students.
- A favorite of many, MSUM Intramurals will host Glow in the Dark Dodgeball at 7:30pm on March 26.
- Learn from leaders from campus and our community during the Spring Leadership Panel hosted by the Office of Student Activities at 7pm on April 8 in CMU 101.
One of the most unique events of the year is the Celebration of Nations will be held on Saturday, April 11 in the CMU Ballroom starting at 4pm. A great opportunity to see a showcase of dances, music, fashion and food from around the world!
- If you’ve never heard the MSUM Concert Choir, you need to go to their concert on April 25 at 7:30pm. You’ll be blown away by our talented Dragons!
- On May 2, get out and support some of our Dragon athletes at the Masanz Track Meet. To see what other Dragon Athletics events are happening this spring, take a look at their website.
- May 4 is the planned ground breaking for the Comstock Memorial Union renovation project! More information to come, so keep checking our blog for updates.
- A new and exciting is planned to be the grand finale of the semester – the 1711 Music Fest is planned for May 5 at 4:30pm!
MSUM has so many ways for you to Get Active, Get Connected, and Get Involved – we’ve only highlighted a few events! Be sure to look at the Events & Activities calendar for more campus happenings.