Hey Dragons! It’s time to submit your nominations for the 2021 Student Leadership Awards. Do you know someone who always goes the extra mile, or makes our campus a better place? Take five minutes and nominate them for a Student Leadership Award. You could make someone’s day! Nominations are open until April 9th. Find the form here.
Student Organization Involvement Awards:
This category of awards recognizes involvement in recognized student organizations at MSUM. There will be one winner for each award.
- Organization Advisor of the Year – This award is given to a student organization advisor that goes above and beyond. They are always there to help students and empower them. Nominations should come from organization members!
- Organization Officer of the Year – Do you know an org officer who always goes above and beyond for their organization? This award is given to an officer who has had a great impact on their members and MSUM.
- Organization Member of the Year – This award is given to a student organization member who isn’t an officer but has made a big difference this year through their participation in an organization.
- Up-and-Coming Organization of the Year – Given to a student organization that’s grown majorly this year! Either a newly recognized org that has excelled, or an existing org that’s seen a boost in their membership and commitment this year.
- Club Sport of the Year – This award is given to an extraordinary club sport student organization. Team achievements, sportsmanship, visibility, and a positive relationship with the campus community are all important for the recipient!
- Organization of the Year – Given to an org that’s made big contributions to the campus and community. This organization has gone above and beyond to change lives through their programs and leadership. They raise the bar for others with their Dragon Pride!
- Community Engagement Organization Award – Recognizing a student organization that has contributed to the Fargo-Moorhead community through volunteering and other services.
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Social Justice Organization Award – This award is given to a student organization that promoted and supported inclusivity on MSUM’s campus. This org has improved the experience and visibility of diverse populations.
Individual Student Engagement Awards:
This category of awards is to recognize individual student engagement. This may include student organization involvement, student employment, academic achievements, internships, research, professional development, athletics, art, music, theatre, activism, community service, community involvement, and other engagement activities. There may be multiple winners for each award.
- Outstanding New Leader Award – This award is given to a first year Dragon who is full of grit, heart, and humility! In their first year at MSUM, this student is involved around and campus and be a great leader.
- Leadership Legacy Award – Do you know a graduating student who has made an impact on the MSUM community? This award is given to a student who has lots of dedication and commitment to MSUM. They are full of Dragon grit, humility, and heart!
- Community Engagement Award – This is awarded to a Dragon that has contributed to the Fargo-Moorhead community through volunteer work and other services.
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Social Justice Award – This award is given to a student that promotes inclusivity at MSUM. They go the extra mile to be a good ally and help enhance the diverse culture of MSUM!
- Grit Award – The past year has been challenging for everyone. Do you know a Dragon that embodies Grit? This award is given to a student who has the courage to do what’s right and never gives up.
- Humility Award – The Humility Award is all about a Dragon that is a team player. They are inclusive and look for ideas from everywhere and everyone.
- Heart Award – The Heart Award is given to a student who goes the extra mile. They are full of passion and loyalty for MSUM!
Programming and Events Awards:
This category of awards is to recognize student-led programs and events. There may be multiple winners for this award.
- Outstanding Campus Program/Event Award – This award recognizes a student led program with great planning, development and implementation. The event should have left a lasting impression on MSUM.