The American Advertising Awards of North Dakota were held virtually on Friday, February 26. At the event, SoMAD students Nicholas Loock (Graphic Design) and Aaron Godard (Graphic Communications) both received multiple awards for their creative work. Student Kristen Kjellberg’s (Graphic Communications) work for local marketing agency, Abovo, was also recognized.
Loock’s awards included:
- Silver award in Sales & Marketing – Package Design for “Munchy Time”
- Silver award in Elements of Advertising – Logo Design for “Smack”
Godard received multiple awards, all for his “ECHOPOINT – Outlands” project
- Gold award for Integrated Advertising Campaign – Consumer Campaign
- Gold award for Film, Video & Sound – Animation or Special Effects
- Best In Show, Student work
Kjellberg’s Creative Direction work was acknowledged in Abovo’s Silver Award – Financial Stop Motion Television Ad for First Community Credit Union.
Congratulations to Nick, Aaron, and Kristen for their incredible achievements, and to all our SoMAD alumni that received awards for their work with local companies that included Abovo, BNG Design, MSUM, and many more. You can see all award winning work at aafnd.org