The Health and Physical Education Department is offering Self-Defense (PE 190-01) Tuesday/Thursday, 12:00 – 12:50, Spring Semester.
It is a course to help you learn how to protect and defend yourself with:
• Situational Awareness
• Boundary Setting
• Standing Positioning / Hand Control
• Ground Escapes
• 1 in 4 college women will be a victim of sexual assault by the time she graduates
• According to the US Department of Justice, there are 35 rapes per 1,000 female students on a college campus.
• 80-90% of survivors know the person who assaulted them.
• Only 16% of all rapes and sexual assaults are reported to the police.
• Men can be sexually assaulted.