Wednesday, Oct. 28 | Noon – 1 p.m. | Hosted via Zoom and Facebook Live
A Discussion with Minnesota State Black Professionals on issues of education, racial justice, equity, and blackness.
Honoring Breonna Taylor and Black women’s voices.
Organized by North Hennepin Community College and open to all!
Zoom ID: 974 0344 2234, Live stream on Facebook.com/MinnStateEquity
Our Black Professionals at the Table:
Dr. Brittany M. Williams, Assistant Professor of Higher Education Administration, Saint Cloud State University.
Venoreen Brown-Boatswain, Director of Diversity and Multiculturalism, Anoka Ramsey Community & Anoka Technical College.
Maya Sullivan, J.D., Dean of Students, Metropolitan State University.
Dr. Egypt Grandison, Assistant Professor of Business Administration, Bemidji State University.
With Dr. Jonathan Locust, Associate Vice President Equity and Inclusive Excellence, Winona State University
And Dr. Eda Watts, Associate Vice President of Equity and Inclusion and Affirmative Action Officer, North Hennepin Community College.
Topics on the Table for the Women, Facilitated by Dr. Locust:
- I AM Breonna Taylor – Reflections
- Navigating racial oppression and gender politics in the academy
- Why our intersectionality matters
- Creating a seat at the table
- Supporting students through the double pandemic
- Serving as mentors and mentees
- Centering Black women in DEI plans
- Celebrating success amidst barriers
Are you a Black professional within Minnesota State who would like to join us at the Table? Email: email@example.com