As we plan for a safe and successful return to campus, we are expecting everyone to do their part in keeping our students, faculty and staff safe by taking the necessary precautions to protect themselves and others around them. Today’s communication provides the newest updates as we continue to prepare to welcome you back to campus in a few weeks:
1) Student and Family Question & Answer Session –
August 12 at 6 p.m.
We had a very positive response to last month’s Q&A session and have scheduled another one for next week. The session will be available via Zoom and on the University’s Facebook page on Wednesday, August 12 at 6:00 p.m. To participate on Zoom, follow this link: https://minnstate.zoom.us/j/93340044588
2) Dragons Care “What to Do If…” Chart
The Dragons Care website has been updated to include a flow chart that explains what students should do in the following situations:
a. If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or
b. If you have been in close contact (within 6 feet for 15 or more minutes) with someone:
· Who might have been exposed to COVID-19
· Who is being tested for COVID-19
· Who has tested positive for COVID-19
The chart also provides information about when students are expected to complete the Student COVID-19 Report Form.
3) Campus Buildings
As we prepare for our return to campus, we are opening our campus buildings.
· Starting this week, students will have access to academic building exterior doors with your Dragon ID card. Doors to MacLean Hall near the book store are also open.
· On Monday, August 10, doors to Owens Hall, King Hall breezeway, Flora Frick and MacLean Hall will be open during normal business hours.
· On Monday, August 17, doors to all academic buildings will be open during normal business hours.
4) MSUM Bookstore
The MSUM Bookstore is open for business! For updates on store hours, reserving and picking up textbooks, and finding other supplies for the start of the academic year, please go to the Bookstore’s website.
Remember to check back frequently at the Dragons Care website for updates related to classes, housing, activities, and more.
Send your questions to DragonsCare@mnstate.edu.
Dr. Brenda Amenson-Hill
Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
Dr. Kara Gravley-Stack
Dean of Students, Title IX Coordinator