MSUM’s website will launch a new content management system at 11 p.m. Tuesday, July 21. You will notice these changes when you log in on Wednesday morning:
- myMSUM will require a password. To enter the myMSUM portal, you will authenticate with your StarID and password.
- Personalized content. Once you are logged in, you will experience a personalized webpage you can edit to include the web links you use most, including external websites. Watch this video to see how you can customize your myMSUM links.
- Employees can also switch to ‘student view.’
About 60% of the website has been migrated to the new content management system, focusing on the pages that get the most traffic.
- Migration of existing pages continues. New site builds or redesigns in queue will be prioritized based on audience and are expected to be added in the coming months.
- Pages that haven’t migrated will look the same to the user. People may notice a small change in the URL; for example, www.mnstate.edu/registrar will redirect to www2.mnstate.edu/registrar. We plan to complete the migration by late Fall 2020. As we migrate pages, we will remove the need for the redirect links. If you find that a redirect is not working, please email email@example.com.
- Pages that have migrated may have new functionality. The Human Resources webpage is fully integrated with myMSUM. Employees navigating the HR website will see additional items an unauthenticated user will not see. We will continue to integrate other sites with myMSUM in the coming months.
If you have any questions or find errors or broken links, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’d like to recognize MSUM’s web team, especially Ryan Peterson and Amanda Stegmaier for their grit and determination to move this important project forward.