On Friday, March 15, MSUM will move our Campus Email System to an updated platform.
Information Technology will begin the migration process at 6 p.m. Friday, March 15. Between 6 p.m. March 15 and 7 p.m. March 17, your email will be unavailable, so please plan accordingly. If you have questions, please visit our project website at www.mnstate.edu/it/transition.aspx
Here’s what you need to know as we get closer to Migration Weekend, March 15-17.
When will I be affected?
- We will begin the migration process at 6 p.m. Friday, March 15. We expect the full migration to be completed by 7 p.m. Sunday, March 17.
- During this time, email access will be taken off-line and should be considered unavailable. Please plan accordingly.
- Post-downtime, you will need to reconfigure your devices. Look for those instructions as we get closer to the downtime event.
Why March 15-17?
- This date was chosen after consultation with the University Technology Committee and overall consideration for having support resources available during Spring Semester. We recognize that no particular date is BEST, yet, we know that a migration during the Spring Semester will offer you access to support resources.
Why are we updating our Email System?
- You will receive a significant increase in mailbox size — 100GB of capacity! Currently, all accounts have 2GB.
- Implementation of Safe Links and Safe Attachments, which will lower your risk when receiving email that wasn’t caught by our spam filter, but may still be malicious.
We will continue to update you and provide helpful tips as we get closer to Friday, March 15.