The University is seeking a graduate interested in presenting their Dragon Story at the Thursday, December 20 Commencement ceremony. Are you the one who will inspire your fellow graduates, friends/family, and faculty and staff with your MSUM experience?
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be a currently enrolled MSUM student that has met the undergraduate or graduate degree requirements for December 2018 graduation.
- Have submitted your graduation application and intent to participate in the December 2018 commencement ceremony.
The following three required elements are due by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, November 9. These can be emailed to Jill.Helm@mnstate.edu or brought to the Registrar’s Office in Owens Hall 210.
- A statement indicating why you want to be your commencement ceremony speaker.
- A statement from a MSUM faculty member confirming your public-speaking abilities.
- A typed, detailed outline of your 4-6 minute proposed speech (including topic, discussion points, and conclusion) which address the following two questions:
- How did you demonstrate grit, humility and heart while a MSUM student?
- How do you plan to use the skills and knowledge you acquired as a MSUM student to transform the lives of others?
The selection committee will determine the finalists who will be contacted to schedule an interview during the November 12-20 timeframe. The student speaker chosen for the ceremony will be contacted by November 26.
The student speaker will be required to work with MSUM Marketing and Communications on editing and delivering the speech. They will be required to attend the ceremony rehearsal and schedule additional time to rehearse during the week of commencement.
Have a great rest of the semester!