MSUM earns 3 national sport marketing awards
Pushes total to 13 in 5 years, including 6 golds
The National Association of Collegiate Marketing Administrators (NACMA) has honored the MSUM, Dragon Athletics, and the GO! TEAM with three ‘Best of’ Awards for 2017-18.
Initiated in 2003, the NACMA Best Of Awards program honors outstanding achievement in marketing and promotions. Awards are presented in 14 categories, with each category divided into three groups based upon school size and conference affiliations to promote fairness. In 2017-18 nearly 1,000 entries were submitted through the NACMA Community. The winners were formally recognized during #NACMA18 at the closing ceremonies and awards presentation on Saturday, June 30 at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
“We are extremely proud of our staff, the assistance from across the whole campus, and the students who work incredibly hard make MSUM national champions in the things we do behind the scenes,” said athletics director Doug Peters.
MSUM falls into Group III which represents all Division II Institutions, Division III Institutions, NAIA Institutions, Junior College Institutions, Community College Institutions, and Canadian Institutions. MSUM began submitting entries for the ‘Best of’ awards in 2014. Below is a full list of NACMA ‘Best of Awards’ for MSUM since their first entry.
- 2018 Gold Award – Digital Promotion (Multiplatform Streaming Distribution System)
- 2018 Gold Award – Single Game Sales Campaign (Endzone Extravaganza)
- 2018 Bronze Award – Intro Video (Men’s Basketball Intro Video)
- 2017 Gold Award – Digital Promotion (Signing Day Social Media)
- 2017 Gold Award – Single Game Sales Campaign (Wrestling Double Dual)
- 2017 Silver Award – Fan Engagement Video (Courtyard Kahoot)
- 2017 Bronze Award – Static Promotional Ad (Partnership Playbook)
- 2016 Gold Award – Sales Piece (Partnership Playbook)
- 2016 Silver Award – Static Display Ad (Opening Day at SCHEELS Field Forum Inserts)
- 2016 Bronze Award – Social Media Promotion (Snapchat Takeovers)
- 2015 Silver Award – New Revenue Generating Idea (Valley Imports Slam Cam hoop stickers)
- 2015 Silver Award – Sales Piece (Partnership Playbook)
- 2014 Gold Award – New Revenue Generating Idea (Valley Imports Hovercam)
Special recognitions for the awards this year go out to the Dragon Fire Booster Club and Gloria Riopelle for creating the Endzone Extravaganza and making it successful; to Sam Groff, Curt Erber, Mark Sanderson, Andrew Johnson, and the IT team at MSUM for assisting with the Multiplatform Streaming Distribution System; the men’s basketball team for being easy to work with on the intro video; and of course the GO! TEAM leadership and interns for their support in everything we do.
Read the article on MSUMDragons.com.