Wednesday, Nov. 15 | 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. | CMU Ballroom
Celebrating how geographic information systems are enhancing our community.
You are invited to celebrate GIS Day at MSUM on Wednesday, November 15, 2017!
Schedule of Events
- 10:00 a.m. Exhibits Open, CMU Ballroom Section A
- 11:00 a.m. Lightning Talks Begin, CMU Ballroom Sections B and C
- Each speaker will talk about the importance of GIS in their work and provide advice on how to prepare for GIS careers. The final five minutes of each talk is reserved for your questions. Come learn about exciting career opportunities emerging in the region. You may be surprised by how much GIS is contributing to the economic vitality and quality of life in our community.
- 11:00 a.m. President Anne Blackhurst – Welcome
- 11:15 a.m. Alex Fogarty, MSUM – Making a Difference with GIS
- 11:30 a.m. Lt. Mike Detloff, Moorhead Police Department
- 11:45 a.m. Jacob Larson and Amy Woodruff, GIS Technician Interns
- 12:00 p.m. David Kramar and Karen Branden, MSUM – GIS and Social Justice
- 12:15 p.m. Kay Anderson, Cass County Government
- 12:30 p.m. Grit May, International Water Institute
- 12:45 p.m. Sarah Sanderson and Hayley Hilfer, Biosciences Interns
- 2:00 pm Exhibits Close, CMU Ballroom Section A
Join us for pizza and cupcakes.
Parking for the public will be available in Lot G-1 and M-5. http://www.mnstate.edu/uploadedFiles/Content/Parking/Parking%20Map.pdf
GIS Day is sponsored by the MSUM Center for Geospatial Studies; President’s Office; the College of Humanities and Social Sciences; and the College of Science, Health, and the Environment.