Initiated in 2003, the NACMA Best Of Awards program honors outstanding achievement in marketing and promotions. Awards are presented in 14 categories, with each category divided into three groups based upon school size and conference affiliations to promote fairness. Nearly 1,000 entries were received for the 2016-17 year. The winners were recognized during NACMA’s 26th Annual Convention at the awards ceremony on Wednesday, June 14 in Orlando, Fla.
“What’s incredible about the GO! TEAM is they started with one, then two, then three, and now four awards in consecutive years,” said athletics director Doug Peters. “That goes to show how the program is not only growing, but doing so at a very high quality. They make MSUM Dragon Athletics better every day by obnoxiously telling our story and we are truly grateful for all the hard work they do.”
MSUM falls into Group III which represents all Division II Institutions, Division III Institutions, NAIA Institutions, Junior College Institutions, Community College Institutions and Canadian Institutions.
This year, the GO! TEAM was third for both total awards and gold awards in all of Group III. Two gold awards doubles their all-time total. MSUM began submitting entries for the ‘Best of’ awards in 2014. Below is a full list of NACMA ‘Best of Awards’ for MSUM since their first entry:
- 2017 Gold Award – Digital Promotion (Signing Day Social Media)
- 2017 Gold Award – Single Game Sales Campaign (Wrestling Double Dual)
- 2017 Silver Award – Fan Engagement Video (Courtyard Kahoot)
- 2017 Bronze Award – Static Promotional Ad (Partnership Playbook)
- 2016 Gold Award – Sales Piece (Partnership Playbook)
- 2016 Silver Award – Static Display Ad (Opening Day at SCHEELS Field Forum Inserts)
- 2016 Bronze Award – Social Media Promotion (Snapchat Takeovers)
- 2015 Silver Award – New Revenue Generating Idea (Valley Imports Slam Cam hoop stickers)
- 2015 Silver Award – Sales Piece (Partnership Playbook)
- 2014 Gold Award – New Revenue Generating Idea (Valley Imports Hovercam)
Special recognitions for the awards this year go out to the Partnership Playbook designers Derek Lien and Katie Faken; fans, administration, coaches, and student-athletes Moorhead High School and Fargo Davies High School for helping accomplish the double dual; Dragon football and soccer coaches for their help with our signing day campaign; the Courtyard by Marriott for their support of our crazy idea; and of course the GO! TEAM.
“I can’t say enough about the GO! TEAM,” said assistant athletics director Jon Wepking. “The past members laid a rock-solid foundation that our current team is now building into something very special. They run with the ideas, they put in the work, they do the long hours, and now they get these awards on their resume to show everyone what they’re capable of.”
See the article on msumdragons.com.