Attention Student Organization Officers:
The start of the academic year is approaching! How will you promote your student organization to our incoming and current students? Here are some ways:
- Sidewalk Café – Promote your student organization from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 20 at Sidewalk Café. I strongly encourage your organization to participate in Sidewalk Café as this is the time when new students are looking to make connections. Sign up for a table at https://www.mnstate.edu/welcome-week/involvement.aspx
- DragonFest – DragonFest is our other major student organization fair and is another opportunity to showcase your student organization and connect with all students to encourage them to join. DragonFest will be on Wednesday, September 14 from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sign up at https://www.mnstate.edu/dragonfest/
- Advertise Events on DragonCentral and Update Your Organization’s Page – www.mnstate.edu/dragoncentral – New students will be told that DragonCentral is the place to find information about student organizations, upcoming events, and to track one’s involvement. Make sure your organization’s DragonCentral page is current. In addition, after reserving your room through the scheduling system (https://msum.scheduling.mnscu.edu/Default.aspx), fill out the DragonCentral event form to advertise your organization’s meetings and events on DragonCentral. Use the following guide as it relates to who the event should “Show To”:
- Major Campus Events open to anyone such as cultural nights, Take Back the Night, Homecoming, etc. should be shown to “Anyone in the world.”
- Organization meetings that any student can attend and smaller scale campus events should be shown to “Students & staff at DragonCentral.”
- Organizations meetings or events that only pertain to your members should be shown to “Organization members.”
- Planning meetings or events that only apply to a portion of your members should be shown to “People invited by a host” You will then need to invite these people to your event.
If you have questions, please contact the Office of Student Activities in CMU 113 or Steve Fox at email@example.com.