Thank you for supporting the 7th Annual Go Pink with the Dragons! During Go Pink week, 69 people registered for the National Be the Match Bone Marrow Registry.
“We are overwhelmed by the strong campus and community support we received for the Go Pink with the Dragons event. We are appreciative of the volunteers and sponsors who make this event a success,” stated Doug Peters, Athletic Director.
Thank you to our Sponsors & our Volunteers:
- Sanford Health
- FM Acro Teams
- Personal Touch Embroidery
- Rita & Vinod Lall, Sandy Schob, Dr. Snow and Rachel Smart (Educational Panel)
- Hendrix Health Wellness Educators
- The 69 people who registered to be Bone Marrow Donors
- Be the Match Bone Marrow Registry Volunteers
- MSUM Bookstore and Career Center for selling the Go Pink T-shirts
- Dragon Frost Committee & the MSUM Student Organizations
- Robert Jones & Nick Walters for creating the Be The Match video
- All the Silent Auction donors and winners
- Emily St. John and Chris Schuster from Park Christian High School
- State Farm, Jill Henning Agency
- Games Galore
- FM Derby Girls
The check presentation to Sanford Health will be held during half-time of the Dragon Women’s Basketball game on Friday, February 21. The funds raised for Sanford Health will benefit the Nurse Navigator Hematology program. Nurse navigators are funded through philanthropy and last year, the hematology navigator helped 137 patients at the cancer center. Learn more about the Nurse Navigator program at www.sanfordhealth.org
The Dragon’s Women’s Basketball team, led by Head Coach Karla Nelson, sponsors Go Pink with the Dragons as a community service to educate and raise awareness about the importance of screening for breast cancer and other cancers. This event also raises funds for the MSUM Go Pink Scholarship and the Sanford Health Roger Maris Cancer Center.
Pictures from the Go Pink event are available for viewing on the Dragon Athletic mobile app under Live Albums.
We appreciate everyone who had a hand in making this event a success! With your help we have raised awareness of the importance of becoming a bone marrow donor. Together, we made a difference!