Dragon Fire Walk For Athletics Friday and Saturday
The sixth annual Dragon Fire Walk for Athletics will open on Friday and go through Saturday this upcoming weekend, April 15-16. The festivities will open on Friday at 5 p.m. with a spaghetti feed at Nemzek Fieldhouse, with the opening Walk ceremonies beginning at 6 p.m. The event will continue on Saturday with the Dragon races, beginning at 9 a.m.
Online race registration closes at 3:30 on Wednesday, and late registration can be completed at the Fargo Running Company on Thursday at 1 p.m. or after 5 p.m. at Nemzek Fieldhouse. Race packets can be picked up at the Fargo Running Company on Thursday after 1 p.m., and both Thursday and Friday from 5-8 p.m. at Nemzek Fieldhouse.
Two full days of festivities begin on Friday, please see the schedule below for more information. To register, donate or participate in any of the weekend’s events visit www.dragonwalk.com
2011 Dragon Fire Walk for Athletics Schedule
Wednesday, April 13 – Online race/walk registration closes at 3:30 p.m.
**Please note: Online donations will continue to be accepted.
Thursday, April 14 – Late race/walk registrations and packet pick-up begin at 1:00 p.m. at the Fargo Running Company located at 1801 45th Street S, Fargo, 701-364-9503. Late race/walk registration and packet pick-up then moves to the Nemzek Fieldhouse on the MSU Moorhead campus on Friday, April 15 from 5:00-8:00 p.m.
Friday, April 15 – The fun begins at Nemzek Hall on the MSU Moorhead campus at 5:00 p.m. with a spaghetti dinner, silent auction, Games Galore, photo booth, door prizes, and the Eagle 106.9 broadcasting live! The Opening Ceremony and Ceremonial Walk begin at 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 16 – Race packet pick-up resumes at 7:30 a.m. at Alex Nemzek Fieldhouse. Please note race registrations will not be accepted Saturday morning.
- The races begin at 9:00 a.m. on the track (located east of Nemzek Hall).
- The Youth Fun Run begins on the track at approximately 9:30 a.m. or immediately after the runners are off the track.
- The Youth Activity Area will be inside Nemzek at 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. with Games Galore, face painting and other fun activities.
- Race awards and closing ceremonies begin at 10:30 a.m.
- Race participants will have use of the bag check area and assigned locker rooms in Nemzek.
- Make sure you find time to stop by the massage tables on Saturday morning to help relax those muscles and take a picture with your buddies in the photo booth!
- The Dragon Grill begins at 11:30 a.m. by the football field followed by the Alumni games.
- The Alumni social begins at 5:00 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus in Moorhead.