Thirteen named to MSUM Presidential Search Committee
The Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system office has announced a 13-person search advisory committee to assist in naming the next president of Minnesota State University Moorhead. President Anne Blackhurst will retire in June 2023 after nine years leading MSUM.
The committee, which includes faculty, staff, administration, community members, and a student representative, will hold its initial meeting on Wednesday, Nov. 30. The selected finalists will visit the university for additional campus and community input.
“As we begin the important work of selecting MSUM’s next president, the committee will be looking for a passionate, student-focused and community-centric leader who visibly demonstrates MSUM’s core values of grit, humility and heart,” said Kayla Kappes, MSUM’s chief human resources officer and campus search committee liaison. “We are seeking highly collaborative individuals who will build on the accomplishments and reputation of MSU Moorhead.”
The committee includes:
- Robbyn Wacker, Search Committee Chair, President, St. Cloud State University
- Ashley Atteberry, MSUM Director of Student Conduct & Resolution
- Jeremy Carney, MSUM Professor, Social Work
- Denise Gorsline, MSUM Assistant Professor, Communications
- Kevin Hanson, CEO, Gate City Bank
- Gary Haugo, MSUM Vice President for University Advancement
- Lisa Johnson, MSUM Accounting Officer Intermediate
- Dave Lawrence, Principal, Moorhead High School
- Robert Nava, MSUM Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs & Dean of Graduate Studies
- Heather Nesemeier, MSUM OAS Senior
- Jenny Olson, Site Leader, Microsoft
- Terry Peterson, MSUM Director of IT Applications
- Max Thompson, Student
For more information on MSUM’s presidential search or to make a nomination, visit mnstate.edu/president-search.