College of Science, Health & the Environment
Friday, May 14, 2021 | 2 p.m.
Order of Ceremony
• Pomp and Circumstance Opening | Minnesota Orchestra
• Welcome | Dr. Elizabeth S. Nawrot, Dean of the College of Science, Health & the Environment
• Introduction | Dr. Anne E. Blackhurst, President of Minnesota State University Moorhead
• Commencement Address | Mr. Justin Boldt*, B.S. Health Services Administration, Class of 2019
• Conferring Degrees & Presentation of Diplomas | Dr. Anne E. Blackhurst & Dr. Arrick L. Jackson, Vice President of Academic Affairs
• College of Science, Health & the Environment| Dr. Elizabeth S. Nawrot
Bachelor of Arts; Bachelor of Science; Bachelor of Science in Nursing
• Student Speaker | Mr. Nico Arias**, B.S. Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, Class of 2021
• Graduate Studies | Dr. Lisa I. Karch, Dean of Graduate & Extended Learning
Master of Healthcare Administration; Master of Science; Specialist
• Closing | Alma Mater
*Alumni speaker bio:
Justin received his Bachelor of Science in Health Services Administration with Emphasis in Long-term care administration from MSUM in 2019. He currently serves as the Executive Director of the Clarkfield Care Center, where he is in charge of Resident Care Management for the 36 licensed bed nursing home. As executive director, Justin oversees personnel management of the 75 employees and 30 ambulance department volunteers, monitors and evaluates resident safety, satisfaction and enrichment programs, marketing and public relations, and is responsible for a $3.5 million annual budget.
During his time at MSUM, Justin was a Community Outreach Board Member for the Health Care Leadership Organization. He also conducted research that he presented at local and regional conferences, including our own Student Academic Conference and the National Council on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) meeting. Justin has certifications in First Aid/CPR, Therapeutic Response and as a Direct Service Professional.
Recently Justin was selected for inclusion in TradeMark Who’s Who Honor Edition for demonstrating dedication, leadership, and professional excellence. The selection committee noted that “Justin has made his mark on his profession as an expert and will become part of history as one of the top professionals in his field.”
**Student speaker bio:
Nico Arias is a graduating senior who studied ecology and evolutionary biology with minors in sustainability and public health. He spent his time at MSUM leading fellow Dragons as president of the Student Senate, and prior to that president of sustainable students association, chair of the student senate sustainability committee as well as a student senator. Nico is a transfer student from Green Bay Wis., and proud Panamanian.