Dragons Care Plan Update: July 9, 2020
Dear MSUM Students,
This summer, we have been hard at work planning for the upcoming academic year.
We are excited for Fall Semester and look forward to welcoming our newest students and reconnecting with our continuing students. In this first communication, we share important information about how we are working to provide a safe and healthy campus environment for everyone. We created a new website, Dragons Care: A Plan to Return to Campus, and we encourage you to check back here for continued updates.
As we plan for the Fall, our focus is on providing as many in-person experiences as safely possible. We know that many students want to take classes on campus, participate in activities, and meet new people. We also know that many students are anxious about decisions related to online or in-person courses, what to do if they test positive for COVID-19, and where they will live if they need to be in quarantine or isolation. Some of those answers will be on our Dragons Care website and some will be forthcoming as we continue to receive guidance from the Minnesota State University System office, the Minnesota Department and Health, and Governor Walz’s office.
Health and Safety
We must all do our part to ensure a safe and healthy campus environment. While faculty and staff are developing plans to return to campus, students are encouraged to check back frequently on the Dragons Care website to stay up-to-date on those plans. Here is what we know now:
- We’re working to offer as much face-to-face instruction as is safely possible.
- We’re working closely with the MN Department of Health to create an environment that is safe for our students.
Here’s how to get more information:
- Visit the Dragons Care website. You’ll find the latest updates about our plans to return to campus with links to important information about:
> Classes – including how to be prepared for technology needs, request accommodations, and our modified student absence policy
> Living & Dining – including a recommended packing list for all students
> Activities – including updates on athletics, student clubs, and other campus activities
> COVID-19 Information – including how to report being COVID-19 positive or being exposed, caring for yourself, and accessing support services
- Mark your calendar to attend a Q & A Session on July 22 at 6 p.m. and join us via Zoom at: https://minnstate.zoom.us/j/99189115249
- Send an email. Send your question to DragonsCare@mnstate.edu
- Follow MSUM on social media. Follow us
on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn for updates.
- Check your MSUM email for additional updates.
We are excited to welcome new students back to campus on August 20 for Welcome Week. We are also looking forward to seeing our returning students again as classes for the fall semester begin on Monday, August 24.
Dr. Brenda Amenson-Hill
Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
Dr. Kara Gravley-Stack
Dean of Students