WHAT IS YOUR DRAGON STORY?
The University is seeking a graduate interested in presenting their Dragon Story at Friday, May 15 commencement ceremonies at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Are you the one who will inspire your fellow graduates, friends/family, and faculty and staff with your MSUM experience?
To be eligible to apply, you must
- Be a currently enrolled MSUM student that has met the undergraduate or graduate degree requirements for May 2020 graduation.
- Have submitted your graduation application and intent to participate in the May 2020 commencement ceremony.
The following three required elements are due by 12 p.m. (noon) on Friday, March 27. These can be emailed to Jill.Helm@mnstate.edu or brought to the Registrar’s Office in Owens Hall 210.
- A statement indicating why you want to be your commencement ceremony speaker.
- A statement from an MSUM faculty member confirming your public-speaking abilities.
- A typed, detailed outline of your 4-6 minute proposed speech (including topic, discussion points, and conclusion) which address the following two questions:
- How did you demonstrate grit, humility and heart while a MSUM student?
- How do you plan to use the skills and knowledge you acquired as an MSUM student to transform the lives of others?
The selection committee will determine the finalists who will be contacted to schedule an interview during the March 30 – April 17 timeframe. The student speakers chosen for each ceremony will be contacted by April 20.
The student speakers will be required to work with MSUM Marketing and Communications on editing and delivering the speech. They will be required to attend the ceremony rehearsal and schedule additional time to rehearse during the week of commencement.
Any questions can be directed to Jill Helm (Jill.Helm@mnstate.edu) or Heather Soleim (Heather.Soleim@mnstate.edu) in the Registrar’s Office.
You can also contact our office at 477-2565, firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop in at Owens 210. Thank you.