Tuesday, December 3 | 12 to 1:30 p.m. | Lommen Hall 101
Need an internship or a part-time or full-time job? Or Interested in learning more about the Moorhead Police Department? Come to the “Four Faces of the Moorhead Police Department” event on December 3. Pizza included. All students are welcome to attend.
Who from the Moorhead Police Department is coming? Sergeant Chris Martin – Patrol Division & MSUM Alum
Sergeant Chris Martin – Patrol Division & MSUM Alum
Jonathan Hanson – Field Training Officer, Patrol Division & MSUM Alum John “Laddie” Bata – Detective, Investigations Division
Zach Johnson – Canine Handler, Patrol Division
- First 10-20 minutes:
- Introduction by Employer to speak about:
- Who they are?
- Different areas within their organization?
- How do you become a police officer?
- What skills do you need to have to work in law enforcement?
- What is their culture and values?
- Each person from different areas of the Moorhead Police Department talk about: (4 people)
- What do they do?
- What was their major?
- What was their first job and their career path and how they got where they are at today?
- What does a typical day for them look like? Who are they working with?
- What do they like most about your job?
- What do you like least about your job?
- What is one thing they wish they would have known before they entered the workforce?
- What is one professional tip they would give students?
- Is there an opportunity for growth within their organization?
- What opportunities they have available and how to apply (full-time, part-time, internship etc.)
They have the following positions open that they are looking to hire for:
- Parking Enforcement Officer – paid position with flexible daytime hours
- Community Service Officer – paid position with flexible evening and weekend hours
- Community Policing Volunteer – non-paid providing services to house checks, parking, and traffic control at community events. Very flexible hours
- Citizens Police Academy – 12-week program starting in mid-September
- Police Explorers Post – Students under the age of 21 get exposure to the profession through weekly meetings and mock scenarios. Includes orientation to firearms shooting and state competitions for police investigations. Very informative and team building program
- Internship – 80 hours of exposure to the many different areas of law enforcement
Please come to learn more about the Moorhead Police Department and its part-time and full-time job and internship opportunities.
If you have questions about this event, please contact Jami Crummy in the Career Development Center.