2019‐2020 Student Development Officer
Also known as “Dragon Callers,” the student development officer
(SDO) will play an instrumental role among a team of fundraisers for the MSUM Foundation. The MSUM Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides $1.3 million annually in scholarship support for MSUM. The primary responsibilities of the SDO will be to call on alumni, build rapport, record updates, ask for annual gifts, and write thank-you notes. This is a great opportunity to earn income while gaining valuable work experience with a group of your peers who love MSUM as much as you do! The MSUM Foundation offers $11 per hour, on-the-job training, incentives, and opportunities for advancement.
• You will be contacting alumni by phone, email, direct mail and text
• You will be building rapport with Dragons like you by providing updates from campus, as well as learning about what’s new in their lives
• You will be updating contact information, employment information, etc. for our CRM database
• You will be asking Dragons to give back to their alma mater with a gift to
fund scholarships, programs, and experiential learning
• You will be a steward of the MSUM Foundation by making donors feel
appreciated with a personal thank-you note or phone call
• MUST be a currently enrolled MSUM student
• MUST be able to speak clear English
• Must have an affinity for MSUM
• Ability to have a quality conversation, listen, respond, and ask questions
over the phone
• Superior customer service skills
• Exemplary work ethic and an ability to work independently
• Ability to record data accurately and maintain confidentiality
• Familiarity with Excel and Word
• Work a minimum of 2 shifts per week
• Sunday ‐ Thursday evenings: 5:30 p.m. ‐ 9 p.m.
Interested parties can fill out an online application: mnstate.edu/phonathon
You can also email Cindy Bailey, director of the annual fund email@example.com.