The University is seeking a graduate interested in presenting their Dragon Story at the Friday, May 17 commencement ceremonies at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Are you the one who will inspire your fellow graduates, friends, family, faculty and staff with your MSUM experience?
To be eligible to apply, you must
- Be a currently enrolled MSUM student that has met the undergraduate or graduate degree requirements for May 2019 graduation.
- Have submitted your graduation application and intent to participate in the May 2019 commencement ceremony.
The following three required elements are due by 4 p.m. on Friday, April 5. Please email these to Jill.Helm@mnstate.edu or bring to the Registrar’s Office in Owens Hall 210.
- A statement indicating why you want to be your commencement ceremony speaker.
- A statement from a MSUM faculty member confirming your public-speaking abilities.
- A typed, detailed outline of your 4-6 minute proposed speech (including topic, discussion points, and conclusion) which address the following two questions:
- How did you demonstrate grit, humility and heart while a MSUM student?
- How do you plan to use the skills and knowledge you acquired as a MSUM student to transform the lives of others?
The selection committee will determine the finalists who will be contacted to schedule an interview during April 8-19. The student speakers chosen for the ceremony will be contacted by April 22.
The student speakers will be required to work with MSUM Marketing and Communications on editing and delivering the speech. They will be required to attend the ceremony rehearsal and schedule additional time to rehearse during the week of commencement.