MSUM Student-Athlete Awards Ceremony set for March 24
The 2018-19 Student-Athlete Awards Ceremony is scheduled on Sunday, March 24 in the Ballroom of the Comstock Memorial Union Ballroom at Minnesota State University Moorhead. Refreshments will be served and the program begins at 7 p.m. that evening.
Parents of the MSUM Student-Athletes, Dragon Fire Members, faculty and staff members, and Dragon fans are welcome to attend.
“The Student-Athlete Awards Ceremony gets me fired up because it is the event where we recognize the accomplishments of our student-athletes in the classroom, in our community and for their performances in competition,” MSUM athletic director Doug Peters said.
The student-athlete awards and athlete of the year nominations go back to the conclusion of the 2018 spring season (which includes outdoor track, women’s tennis, softball and women’s golf). The 2019 spring season and awards will be honored at the 2020 ceremony.
NCAA & NSIC Awards
- Team Academic Awards
- All-Academic Individual Awards
- Myles Brand Award Recipients
- Britton & Kelly Award Recipients
- Butch Raymond Scholarship Recipient
Individual Student-Athlete Awards
- Dragon Award (Grit, Heart, Humility)
- Raise the Bar
- Strength and Conditioning Award
- Helping Hand Community Award
- Come Back Award
- Newcomer of the Year
- Senior Student-Athletes
Female Nominees for Student-Athlete of the Year
- Breah Anderson, Swimming & Diving
- Kylee Billings, Soccer
- Julia Geske, Tennis
- Madison Paige, Softball
- Judith Robinson, Women’s Track & Field
- Jill Safranski, Golf
- Kathryn Sistrunk, Women’s Cross Country
- Monica Vega, Volleyball
- Jacky Volkert, Women’s Basketball
Male Nominees for Student-Athlete of the Year
- Brian Huber, Men’s Track & Field
- Cole Jones, Wrestling
- Addison Park, Men’s Basketball
- Jake Richter, Football
- Josh Young, Men’s Track & Field and Cross Country
Other awards are:
- Fan of the Year Award
- Fired Up Fan Award
See the article on msumdragons.com.