Thursday, Jan. 24, 2019 |11 a.m. – 4 p.m. | Microsoft’s Fargo Campus (3900 Great Plains Drive South, Fargo)
Microsoft is hosting a Career Development Workshop at Microsoft’s Fargo Campus on Thursday, Jan. 24, 2019 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Career Development Workshop is being offered to local college students, preferably those with a focus in a business and/or technology discipline, that are in their junior and senior years. Students will learn hands-on skills to prepare them for the process of entering the workforce. This event is tailored to improve skills that are not necessarily taught in their everyday classes. Sessions will range from resume building techniques, social media dos and don’ts, creating an elevator pitch, etc.
Microsoft is sponsoring this event in an effort to strengthen community relationships. Their goal is to build upon our mission statement of empowering every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
How to register:
- Each student needs to register individually
- Click this link: https://aka.ms/FY19CareerDevRegistration
- Registration ends January 10, 2019!
* There is maximum capacity of 100, first come first serve! Spots fill up quickly, so please register early for this event.
How to prepare for the day and what to bring:
- Resume (digital copy through email or flash drive)
- LinkedIn profile (at a minimum, an account should be created)
- Questions for panelists (i.e. how to get better at interviewing, etc.)
If you need assistance, creating a resume or LinkedIn profile, please contact the Career Development Center at 218-477-2131 or stop by Flora Frick 151 to schedule an appointment.
If you have questions about this event please contact Emily Baago at Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org or Jami Crummy in the Career Development Center.