Wednesday, Nov. 14 | 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. | CMU Ballroom
Enjoy pizza and cupcakes in celebration of GIS Day at MSUM on Wednesday, November 14, 2018! All are welcome to learn how geographic information systems are enhancing our campus and community.
Schedule of Events
10:00 a.m. Exhibits Open, CMU Ballroom Section C
Noon Lightning Talks Begin, CMU Ballroom Sections A and B
Each speaker will talk about the importance of GIS in their work and provide advice on how to prepare for GIS careers. You may be surprised by how much GIS is contributing to the economic vitality and quality of life in our region.
- Noon President Anne Blackhurst, Welcome
- 12:15 p.m. David Kramar, Current and ongoing applications of GIS at MSUM
- 12:30 p.m. Alex Fogarty, Impacting homelessness with GIS
- 12:45 p.m. Asami Minei, Development of a GIS-based facilities asset management system for MSUM
- 1:00 p.m. Brad Anderson, The GIS approach for determining optimum location for a new fire station in Moorhead
- 1:15 p.m. Kay Anderson and Paul Fracassi, Using operations dashboard and web applications to provide at-a-glance information for metrics and field operations in the Assessor’s Office
- 1:30 p.m. Jacob Larson, Trials, tribulations, and successes in the pursuit of a GIS degree at MSUM
- 1:45 p.m. Shelly Carroll, Drone Ops: Hype, myths, and real-world value
2:00 p.m. Exhibits Close, CMU Ballroom Section C