The MSUM Facilities, Grounds & Safety Committee (FGSC) is charged with reviewing the University’s parking regulations annually. The committee has recommended the following parking changes for the 2018-2019 school year:
Parking Lot Structure
- Merge the current Hendrix Health (HH) lot with the R-6 (Reserved) lot east of the Center for the Arts. The designated patient parking spots on the south edge of the lot will remain.
- Consolidate the G-5 (General) lot and the R-4 (Reserved) lot north of Hagen Hall into one large reserved lot for a one-year trial period.
MSUM parking lot maintenance, repair, reconstruction and snow removal costs are covered by funds generated from parking permits, meters and fines. Tuition and other class fees are not used for this purpose. Parking rates were not increased between 2016-17 and 2017-18. The rates recommended for 2018-19 will help maintain campus parking lot conditions to meet the expectations and needs of our students, staff and visitors.
- General permit prices will increase from $150 to $165.
- Reserved permit prices will increase from $225 to $250.
- All Zone permit prices will increase from $275 to $310.
- Parking meters will increase from $1.50/hr. to $2/hr.
- Day passes will increase from $2 to $3 for MSUM departments and from $4 to $5 for all others.
- Per the recently revised University Parking Policy, vehicles displaying a valid state-issued disability parking permit or license plate will also be required to display a valid MSUM parking permit.