The University Writing Support Center (UWSC) will open its doors for the Spring 2018 semester on Tuesday, Jan. 16, at 9:00 a.m.
Fifty-minute tutoring sessions, online and face-to-face, will be available at these times:
- Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings between 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- Friday mornings between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Extended Hours will be offered during Mid-Term and the final weeks of the regular semester.
Please note that these times are tentative until tutor schedules are finalized. The UWSC is located in Lommen 095 during daytime hours and in Library 112 during evening hours.
Please visit mnstate.edu/write for more information or to schedule an appointment.
UWSC tutors are student peers—undergraduates with a strong background in writing and formal training in tutoring. Although UWSC tutors will not simply proofread papers, they will offer valuable feedback on a wide variety of writing issues, ranging from content to organization to style and mechanics. All students are invited to take advantage of this service, and there is no additional fee. Tutors are prepared to respond to any type of writing.