The School of Media Arts & Design hosted a multi-city Alumni Summit last spring (April 1) involving 15 MSUM alumni representing Film, Graphic Communications and Graphic Design and 90 current SoMAD students and faculty. The three-hour event (our third such summit since 2013) included an in-person panel of Fargo-Moorhead alumni and three video panels of alumni living and working in New York, Minneapolis, and Los Angeles, who addressed questions concerning the transition from undergraduate to post-graduate life. Topics of discussion included:
- Relocating to larger markets
- The Importance of Networking
- Finding the “right” internship
- The realities of working freelance
- and many more.
Participating alumni included:
- Film: (New York) Angela Ko, Justin Schroepfer (Minneapolis) Simone Le Claire, Jake Handegard (Los Angeles) Molly Zachmeire, Ben Stommes, Zach Marion (Fargo-Moorhead) Samuel Claeys, Kylie Herland.
- Graphic Design: (Minneapolis) Briana Schepper, (Fargo-Moorhead) Alex Ehlen.
- Graphic Communications: (Minneapolis) Brock Riskey (Fargo-Moorhead) Cassie Bangasser, Tyler Fischbach, Morgan Lewis.
This summit was funded in part by a grant from the Solomon G. Comstock Memorial Fund of the Minneapolis Foundation, Minneapolis, Minnesota.