Please register for Faculty Professional Development Day — Deadline extended
Faculty Professional Development Day will be held on Monday, Feb. 20 in the CMU. Please register by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 15 so we can get an accurate count of participants. This link will take you to our brief registration survey.
The morning plenary sessions will feature Bonnie M. Robertson of the Robertson Company, Chicago, Illinois. Bonnie Robertson owns a consulting and research firm dedicated to the professional growth of people and organizations. Bonnie’s background and experience in business, leadership and organizational sociology give her unique and practical insights into change management for individuals as well as teams. Bonnie has presented to hundreds of thousands of leaders around the globe on such topics as strategic trends, leadership, adapting to change and building high performance teams.
Her presentation will focus on: Landing on our feet without losing our heads — exploring how we as individuals respond to changes around us, how group dynamics within an organization can help further innovation and adaptation, and how we can apply principles of adaptation and change to the current changing environment here at MSUM.
There will also be workshops on a variety of topics in the afternoon following the plenary sessions.
Here is a preliminary schedule of events:
- 8:00-8:30 a.m. Coffee and refreshments in CMU Ballroom
- 8:30-8:40 a.m. Welcome/Introduction
- 8:40-9:30 a.m. Plenary Presentation by Bonnie Robertson – How we adapt to change as individuals
- 9:30-10:00 a.m. Discussion Time
- 10:00-10:15 a.m. Report Back/Sharing from Discussion Groups
- 10:15-10:25 a.m. Break
- 10:25-11:15 a.m. Plenary Presentation by Bonnie Robertson – How groups successfully manage change together
- 11:15-11:45 a.m. Discussion Time
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Report Back/Sharing from Discussion Groups
- 12:00-12:15 p.m. Summary of ideas and principles from morning sessions
- 12:15-1:15 p.m. Lunch and Departmental Planning and Table Discussions
- 1:15-1:30 p.m. Closing Q&A and Summary
- 1:35-2:25 p.m. Concurrent Workshops Session I
- 2:30-3:20 p.m. Concurrent Workshops Session II
We hope to see you there!