MSUM is looking to fill the position of Dean of Education and Human Services.
DATE OF APPOINTMENT:
July 1, 2015
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Earned doctorate.
• Record of effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence and scholarly achievement.
• Commitment to collaborative decision making.
• Experience with professional accreditation, curriculum development, and assessment of student learning at the higher education level.
• A demonstrated commitment to support and enhance the diversity of the campus community.
• Combined seven (7) years of teaching and administrative experience.
• A record of scholarly accomplishment commensurate with a senior appointment in one of the departments within the College.
• Record of having earned tenure, and achieved rank of associate or full professor.
• Evidence of professional involvement in community and region.
• Understanding of and experience with multiple methods of curriculum delivery.
• Familiarity and experience with collective bargaining agreements.
• Experience with fundraising and development activities.
• Experience in graduate program teaching or administration.
• Three (3) years as Department chair or other similar academic leadership experience in higher education.
• Reports to the Provost and Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs.
• Serves as a collaborative member of the Provost’s Academic Affairs Council.
• Provides leadership and financial oversight for the College of Education and Human Services in support of the institution’s academic and strategic priorities. Departments in the College are: Social Work and Counseling and Student Affairs, School of Teaching and Learning, and Speech Language Hearing Sciences.
• Supports and evaluates the professional development and achievements of faculty within the College of Education and Human Services.
APPLICATION INFORMATION AND DEADLINE:
Applications must include: a letter of interest addressing the qualifications and position responsibilities, curriculum vitae, names and contact information for three references. Applications received by January 16, 2015 will receive full consideration.
Questions should be addressed to: Dr. Randy Cagle, Chair of the Dean of the College of Education and Human Services Search Committee. Phone: 218-477-2477; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply for this position, please visit the following site: http://www.mnstate.edu/humanresources/employment/