Student Organization Advisory Committee (SOAC) is looking for three more students to join. SOAC is a committee comprised solely of students and is the governing body for all student organizations. Students in SOAC:
– Reviews student organization constitutions. After a constitution is approved, then SOAC forwards the new constitutions to Student Senate and the University President.
– Serve as a resource for the resolution of organization conflicts.
– Coordinate Of-the-Month awards for student organizations.
– Call hearings when a grievance had been filed against a student organization.
– Participate in policy decisions regarding student organizations and the Office of Student Activities.
– Assists the Office of Student Activities in the planning and hosting of student organization events.
Interested? Attend the SOAC meeting this Thursday, October 3rd from 3-4 p.m. in CMU 207 or email Katie Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.