According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the need for technical writing is expected to grow 17 percent from 2010 to 2020. In order to prepare MSUM graduates, as well as professional and business people in the area, MSUM is offering a Certificate in Professional Writing.
Students must complete 16 credits. The coursework includes the following:
- CSIS 103 – Computer Concepts and Applications (3)
- MC 220 – Desktop Publishing (3)
- ENGL 286 – Writing in the Workplace (3)
- ENGL 387 – Technical Report Writing (4)
- CMST 301 – Business and Professional Communications (3)
The Certificate in Professional Writing provides the opportunity for students to enhance their communication skills and credentials with a special emphasis on coursework tailored to their work settings and careers. It will set them apart from other applicants when they apply for a position in their field of study.
For additional information, contact Linda Lein, Assistant Professor of English, at LeinLi@mnstate.edu.