Student and faculty artwork is needed to fill public spaces at the system office in Wells Fargo Place. The purpose of the displays is to showcase campus work selected by the system office to enhance the décor and contribute to a pleasing and inviting ambience in the areas of the offices typically visited by the public. The displays are not intended to constitute an art gallery or a public forum. Items will be displayed for approximately one year, not permanently.
A panel of jurors representative of the people who work within the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities offices has been established for the purpose of reviewing exhibition work.
1. Entrants must submit up to 10 visual samples, a one-page artist statement describing their professional background or training as well as their artistic process and teaching methods, and an image list corresponding to their visual samples.
2. Entries can be sent via email or saved to a disk and mailed to:
Martin Springborg / Exhibition Committee
Minnesota State College and Universities
30 7th St. E., Suite 350
St. Paul, MN 55101
3. All images should be clearly labeled, with file names consisting of the artist’s last name and a number corresponding to an attached image list (e.g. “smith1”—see paragraph below).
4. Sets (e.g. diptychs) may be submitted as one entry.
5. A maximum of two images per entry may be submitted for review.
6. All images must be submitted electronically as JPEG or TIFF files, and must arrive no later than Friday, January 18, 2013.
7. The image list should include information on each piece’s creation date (in the case of photographs, the date upon which the negative or digital file was created), medium, and framed size (unframed 2-dimensional work will not be considered
Once artwork has been selected by a panel of jurors, plans should be made for its delivery to Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, Wells Fargo Place in St. Paul. Shipping of artwork will be at the expense of the system office (see Reimbursement of Costs below). All selected artwork should arrive at the system office for installation no later than Friday, March 15, 2013.
Reimbursement of Costs
The system office will either pay for shipping of artwork to and from Wells Fargo Place, or reimburse for mileage incurred in delivering the artwork to and picking the artwork up from our location. In order to properly allocate funds for the shipment of artwork, shipping standards and price limits will be set by the system office. Mileage reimbursement rates are as set by the State of Minnesota. Artists delivering and picking up artwork should submit a SEMA4 form to Andrea Drewek, Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Advancement Division, firstname.lastname@example.org. (This form will be provided to artists whose work is selected for display.)
Installation of Work
All artwork will be installed and labeled as to give fair and appropriate visibility to all artists and institutions. Also toward this end, an online guide of all artwork at Wells Fargo Place will be maintained during the exhibition period. Signage to be placed in close proximity to the work will include the artist’s name, type of media, creation date, and their institution. The system office will not be participating in the sale of any artwork during the exhibition; interested viewers will be given contact information for the artist at the artist’s discretion. Staff experienced in museum and gallery standards will handle the installation of all work.
|January 18, 2013
|January/February, 2013||Review and work selection
|February 11, 2013||Acceptance letters sent to selected artists
|March 2012||Installation of artwork
|March 15, 2013||Installation Deadline
- Up to 10 image samples (JPEG or TIFF files)
- One-page artist statement
- Image list corresponding to samples
Questions? Contact Andrea Drewek at email@example.com