Who Should Apply? The Diversity Events Fund program is open to any MSUM student, organization, faculty/staff member and/or department interested in promoting diversity.
Criteria for Diversity Funding
- The event must encourage sharing, or educating, the majority community about diverse issues of underrepresented groups.
- The grant requester must be involved in the planning, funding, implementation and evaluation of the proposed event.
- The application must list all co-sponsors and all other funding sources (on or off campus) being utilized to help cover event costs. Collaboration is strongly encouraged.
- Programs should promote pride, understanding and appreciation of the diverse group and should be planned to attract attendance by all groups.
- Marketing and public relations costs must be included in the application.
- All co-sponsors should be listed on any marketing publications, including the Minnesota State University Moorhead Diversity Committee.
- Event sponsors must submit an event evaluation within six weeks after the event occurred. Evaluation forms will be made available upon award of the grant.
Applications are available online. Spring Semester applications are due by January 30, 2011.