Students graduating from high school after January 1, 2009 and are Minnesota residents have until September 23, 2009 to apply for the Minnesota Achieve Scholarship.
Eligible students who enroll full time (15 credits) at a university in Minnesota during the academic year immediately following their high school graduation can receive a one-time scholarship for use in their first academic year ranging from $1,200 to approximately $4,000 depending on financial need.
To be eligible a student must have completed all of the required courses and graduated with a grade point average of 2.5 or higher. Required courses include:
* Four years of language arts;
* Three years of math, including one year each of geometry and two years of algebra, one of which is intermediate or advanced algebra;
* Three years of science including one year each of a biological and physical science;
* Three years of social studies; and
* Two years of a single foreign language.
The application form and information is available at http://www.ohe.state.mn.us/sPagesOHE/FAForms/Achieve/AchieveScholarshipApp09-10.pdf
Apply now! Deadline is September 23.