The University is seeking a graduate interested in presenting their Dragon Story at the Friday, May 12 Commencement ceremony. Are you the one that will inspire your fellow graduates, your families/friends, and faculty and staff with your MSUM experience?
To apply, you must:
- Be a currently enrolled MSUM student that has met the undergraduate or graduate degree requirements for May 2017 graduation.
- Have submitted your intent to participate in the May 2017 commencement ceremony for your college.
- Complete the required elements via email to Registrar Heather Soleim (email@example.com) by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, April 7, 2017.
- A statement from an MSUM faculty member confirming your public-speaking abilities.
- A typed detailed outline of your 4-6 minute proposed speech (including topic, discussion points, and conclusion) addressing two questions:
- How did you demonstrate grit, humility and heart while an MSUM student?
- How do you plan to use the skills and knowledge you acquired as an MSUM student to transform the lives of others?
- A statement indicating why you want to be your commencement ceremony speaker.
The selection committee will determine the finalists who will be contacted to schedule an interview during the week of April 10-14. The student speaker for each ceremony will be contacted by April 21.
The student speaker will be required to work with MSUM marketing and communications on editing and delivering the speech. They will be required to attend the ceremony rehearsal and schedule additional time to rehearse during the week of commencement.